Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Bridgeport Dreamland

I'm looking for work if your hiring. But more to the point, I'm applying to jobs, which includes an application to a dream job at The World Forestry Center.  I'm definitely capable, but can I convince the lovely folks at the Forestry Center that I'm perfection in a box?  Idk, the point really is that I stopped by there today and asked about the position hoping to get a foot in the door... I was not seen, but instead told that there are over two-hundred applicants in the running.  Two-hundred!!  And I'm sure many of them want this job just as much as I do... but, I shall prevail and try to network again tomorrow at the Museum by Moonlight, 21+.  If you go "dressed in the spirit of the evening with flannel shirts, boots, suspenders, or beards", you only spend $5 on admission.  It shall be glorious and hopefully productive.  In any case, the point is where I am now.

the dining room
After driving the drive all the way to the Forestry Center from Vancouver I did not want to return home empty handed.  So instead I stopped at the Downtown brewery of one of my favorite beers, Bridgeport! to have lunch and do work utilizing their free wi-fi.  It is a lovely place with very friendly staff and all my favorite beers on tap!  (If I haven't said so before, the beer motto is, Tap is always better).  The lunch is fantastic too, although a little on the high end.  In any case, because of the infamous and fantastic Mark Bowser, I was encouraged to try more Amber and Red Ales, so why try anywhere else but a brewery I know is great?

Bridgeport Brewery, Kingpin Double Red Ale
the food
   Now, this is the first time I've run into a Double Red, but also, I am a little unversed with Reds in general, which leaves me at a bit of a disadvantage.  I usually avoid them because, generally, they come across as unsatisfying.  The reason being is that they are a bit of a go-between.  They aren't as solid as an IPA, but not as mild as a pale or wheat ale.  They also vary significantly which makes it a risky bet when trying to trust the flavor in an unexplored six-pack.  But, let me explain the Kingpin.

It's enjoyable, but on the hoppy-side.  Creamy with light carbonation and a hint of pine. Nice bitey finish and beautiful coloring.  It went great with the house salad and creamy chicken stew at Bridgeport Brewing Co on 13th in Portland.  Although I prefer the Hop Czar or Summer Squeeze when its available for poker night with the guys, Kingpin would definitely be a fine guest to invite to a dinner party with friends or significant others.

another seating area


No comments:

Post a Comment